Who are the Management Committee Members of the school and what do they do?
Management Committee Members are volunteers that are elected and represent all areas of the school community. This means that the interests of the pupils are at the heart of all that they do.
Man Co. Members care about our school and because of their varied backgrounds they are able to be the School’s ‘critical friend’, and support the Headteacher, and the staﬀ in the running of the school; ensuring that appropriate policies are in place. At the same time, they bring an independent perspective and ensure that the interests of the local community are taken into account.
Our Man Co. Members are very proud of Herons Dale School and its amazing progress and continuous improvement and development.
The main roles of the Herons Dale School Management Committee are:
- seeing the vision and strategic direction of school
- holding the Headteacher to account for the schools educational performance; acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher (who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school)
- ensuring ﬁnancial resources are well spent
They, therefore, work in partnership with the Headteacher and the staﬀ to:
- promote high standards of educational attainment
- agree the School Development Plan
- set an annual budget detailing planned spending
- approve a staﬃng structure
- make sure that a broad and balanced curriculum is provided
- report on pupils' achievement
- produce school policies
- appoint staﬀ
- ensure the health & safety of students and staﬀ
- deal with complaints against the school
Please do not hesitate to contact the school or one of the Co-Chairs of the Management Committee if you would like any further details about the Management Committee and their role.